Tickets available at http://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-wild-creative-tickets-8098594113?aff=es2&rank=1
The Wild Creative is where art and conservation intersect. Enjoy an evening of art, film, talks and socializing with talented artists and creatives in an industrial loft space in Hell’s Kitchen that has been transformed into an atmosphere of multimedia counter-art culture, curated with works that are reacting against the commoditization and commercialization of art, creativity and expression.
- Event will be hosted by Chris Duffy, creator and host of You're the Expert, a live show and public radio program on Boston's WBUR
- Creative conservationist and National Geographic Emerging Explorer Asher Jay will be sharing previously unseen artworks as well as pieces and installations that have travelled to a number of cities worldwide
- Asher Jay will be giving a brief talk regarding her creative process and the impact art and activism have on each other
- Planetary Collective founding partner and filmmaker Guy Reid will be presenting new work and discussing his creative process
- Advanced sneak preview of clips from Guy Reid’s new film Planetary, which will be making its debut screening at SXSW 2015
- Following the film, there will be a panel discussion moderated by Chris Duffy with Q&A for both Asher Jay and Guy Reid regarding the impact of their viewpoints about environmental conservationism and global interconnectivity on their respective art mediums.
- Refreshments include a decadent drinks & dessert bar, as well as ice cream provided by Ben & Jerry’s
- Major news outlets (tv, print and internet) have committed to covering the event
- Brand new art works available for sale by Asher Jay and other ground-breaking artists